Traditional braces are good at fixing teeth, but they also come with a lot of disadvantages.
They’re big and noticeable, their brackets can cut the inside of your lips and cheeks, they prevent you from flossing, and food can easily get stuck on brackets and wires.
So, what if you could get the benefit of straight teeth without any of the disadvantages for traditional braces? Enter ClearCorrect and Invisalign.
What Is Invisalign & How Is It Different To Traditional Braces?
Invisalign is a modern orthodontic treatment that uses clear, removable aligners to gradually shift teeth into their desired position. Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, comfortable to wear and can be easily removed for eating, brushing and flossing. Invisalign aligners are custom-made for each patient using advanced 3D imaging technology, ensuring a precise and comfortable fit.
There are numerous benefits to choosing Invisalign as your orthodontic treatment option, including:
- Discreet appearance, making them a popular choice for patients who want to straighten their teeth without drawing attention to their orthodontic treatment.
- Aligners are made of smooth plastic less likely to cause irritation or discomfort to the gums and cheeks compared to traditional metal braces.
- The aligners are removable, making it easy to maintain good oral hygiene and eat or speak without restriction.
- Invisalign is custom-made for each patient, ensuring a precise and comfortable fit.
- The treatment typically requires fewer office visits compared to traditional braces, as there are no adjustments or wire changes required.
- In many cases, Invisalign treatment can be completed faster than traditional braces, as long as patients wear the aligners as directed.
Our Invisalign Treatment Process
At Cairns Precision Dental Group, we offer a comprehensive Invisalign treatment process that includes the following steps:
Step 1: Initial Consultation
During your first appointment, our orthodontic specialist will examine your teeth and determine if Invisalign is the right treatment option for you. If Invisalign is suitable for your needs, we’ll take digital impressions of your teeth using our advanced 3D scanner.
Step 2: Custom Aligners
Using the digital impressions of your teeth, we’ll create a customised treatment plan and a series of clear aligners that are designed to gradually shift your teeth into their desired position. Each set of aligners will be worn for approximately two weeks before moving onto the next set.
Step 3: Aligner Fitting
Once your custom aligners are ready, we’ll schedule an appointment to fit your first set of aligners. Our orthodontic specialist will show you how to wear and care for your aligners properly.
Step 4: Treatment Progress Checks
During your Invisalign treatment, we’ll book regular check-ups to monitor your progress and ensure your treatment is proceeding as planned. We may also make adjustments to your treatment plan as needed to ensure the best possible outcome.
Step 5: Final Results
Once your Invisalign treatment is complete, we’ll provide you with a retainer to wear to maintain your new smile. With proper care and maintenance, your Invisalign results can last a lifetime.
How Long Will Treatment Take To Complete?
The duration of your Invisalign treatment will depend on the complexity of your case and your specific orthodontic needs. On average, Invisalign treatment takes between 6 to 18 months, but some cases may take longer. During your initial consultation, our orthodontic specialist will provide you with a personalised treatment plan and an estimated timeline for your treatment.
Signs Invisalign Is Right for You
Invisalign is a suitable treatment option for many patients, including those who have mild to moderate orthodontic issues such as crooked or crowded teeth, gaps, overbites, or underbites. Invisalign aligners are particularly popular with adults who want to straighten their teeth discreetly and comfortably.
Invisalign can fix a variety of common orthodontic issues, including:
- Crooked or misaligned teeth
- Overcrowded teeth
- Widely spaced teeth
- Open bites
- Gaps between teeth
Invisalign can also be used for minor orthodontic issues or as a cosmetic treatment to improve the appearance of teeth. However, it’s important to consult with an experienced orthodontic specialist to determine if Invisalign is the right treatment option for your specific needs.
Dr Hasi Thambugala – Invisalign
You don’t need metal or wires to straighten your teeth. Thanks to the revolutionary orthodontic treatment method that is Invisalign, you can achieve a beautiful smile without anyone knowing you’re having treatment.
By combining 21st century orthodontic technology with precision and accuracy, our specialist orthodontists can customise an Invisalign treatment plan for you.
Invisalign aligners work by moving your teeth into a straighter, more attractive position. This happens gradually over the course of your treatment and without anyone knowing. Because the aligners are virtually invisible, no one will be able to tell you’re having treatment.
Every one-to-two weeks you will need to change to a new set of aligners which builds on the work of the previous set. At your orthodontic appointments, you will be given sufficient aligners to last 8 to 10 weeks.
Every person has a unique set of teeth and a unique orthodontic problem to solve. This means the time treatment takes depends on the severity of your orthodontic problem. Invisalign is a highly successful treatment method which can correct a range of issues. If you need minor correction, you could see results in as little as three months. Major orthodontic work with Invisalign takes approximately 12 to 18 months.
What are the benefits of clear aligners?
Systems like Invisalign and ClearCorrect have a number of advantages over traditional braces:
- Discreet treatment: Because they are clear, they are almost undetectable. This makes it a perfect solution for adults in customer-facing jobs or teenagers who are concerned with how braces look.
- Comfort: No metal and no wires ensures that clear aligners are comfortable for the user. They also require fewer adjustments than traditional braces.
- Ease of cleaning: Metal braces can make it very hard to brush your teeth – and almost impossible to floss – which is why electric toothbrushes and oral irrigators are often recommended. Clear aligners are removable, so you can continue brushing and flossing as normal.
- Less risk: Moving a tooth requires force, and clear aligners are no different. One of the risks is something called root resorption. This refers to a breakdown of the root of a tooth, and can lead to the loss of the tooth. The force applied by clear aligners is more gradual and nuanced than traditional braces, which could lead to a lower rate of root resorption.
- Safer on teeth: A traditional brace’s brackets has to be glued to the face of the tooth. This can lead to some of the tooth’s enamel layer to be removed when the brackets are taken off. Clear aligners use no adhesives, and pose no risk of enamel damage.
Dr Jovanna Wong – ClearCorrect
Like Invisalign, ClearCorrect is a series of removable plastic retainers that move your teeth into a preferable position by exerting small amounts of pressure over time. This slight push to move your teeth into a new position is the same force that traditional braces use.
Compared to traditional wires & brackets, ClearCorrect is: Clean, comfortable, and discreet. Because you take your ClearCorrect aligners out when you eat, they stay clean and you’re able to brush and floss as normal.
If Invisible aligners such as Invisilign or ClearCorrect is something you have been considering, why not come in for a complimentary Orthodontic consultation to discuss your options. Call us on 07 4054 2203.
Contact Us Today To Book An Appointment
If you’re interested in improving your smile with Invisalign, don’t hesitate to contact Cairns Precision Dental Group today. Our friendly and knowledgeable team is ready to help you book an appointment with our experienced orthodontic specialist.
Don’t let crooked or misaligned teeth hold you back from achieving the smile you’ve always wanted. Get in touch today to schedule your Invisalign consultation and take the first step towards a confident and healthy smile.