Traditional braces are good at fixing teeth, but they also come with a lot of disadvantages. They’re big and noticeable, their brackets can cut the inside of your lips and cheeks, they prevent you from flossing, and food can easily get stuck on brackets and wires.
So, what if you could get the benefit of straight teeth without any of the disadvantages for traditional braces? Enter ClearCorrect and Invisalign.
Like Invisalign, ClearCorrect is a series of removable plastic retainers that move your teeth into a preferable position by exerting small amounts of pressure over time. This slight push to move your teeth into a new position is the same force that traditional braces use.
Compared to traditional wires & brackets, ClearCorrect is: Clean, comfortable, and discreet. Because you take your ClearCorrect aligners out when you eat, they stay clean and you’re able to brush and floss as normal.
Invisible aligners are often said to be more comfortable than traditional braces for a few different reasons. First of all, many users of traditional braces find that the metal wires and brackets cut their gums, lips and cheeks.
You don’t need metal or wires to straighten your teeth. Thanks to the revolutionary orthodontic treatment method that is Invisalign, you can achieve a beautiful smile without anyone knowing you’re having treatment.
By combining 21st century orthodontic technology with precision and accuracy, our specialist orthodontists can customise an Invisalign treatment plan for you.
Invisalign aligners work by moving your teeth into a straighter, more attractive position. This happens gradually over the course of your treatment and without anyone knowing. Because the aligners are virtually invisible, no one will be able to tell you’re having treatment.
Every one-to-two weeks you will need to change to a new set of aligners which builds on the work of the previous set. At your orthodontic appointments, you will be given sufficient aligners to last 8 to 10 weeks.
Every person has a unique set of teeth and a unique orthodontic problem to solve. This means the time treatment takes depends on the severity of your orthodontic problem. Invisalign is a highly successful treatment method which can correct a range of issues. If you need minor correction, you could see results in as little as three months. Major orthodontic work with Invisalign takes approximately 12 to 18 months.
What are the benefits of clear aligners?
Systems like Invisalign and ClearCorrect have a number of advantages over traditional braces:
- Discreet treatment: Because they are clear, they are almost undetectable. This makes it a perfect solution for adults in customer-facing jobs or teenagers who are concerned with how braces look.
- Comfort: No metal and no wires ensures that clear aligners are comfortable for the user. They also require fewer adjustments than traditional braces.
- Ease of cleaning: Metal braces can make it very hard to brush your teeth – and almost impossible to floss – which is why electric toothbrushes and oral irrigators are often recommended. Clear aligners are removable, so you can continue brushing and flossing as normal.
- Less risk: Moving a tooth requires force, and clear aligners are no different. One of the risks is something called root resorption. This refers to a breakdown of the root of a tooth, and can lead to the loss of the tooth. The force applied by clear aligners is more gradual and nuanced than traditional braces, which could lead to a lower rate of root resorption.
- Safer on teeth: A traditional brace’s brackets has to be glued to the face of the tooth. This can lead to some of the tooth’s enamel layer to be removed when the brackets are taken off. Clear aligners use no adhesives, and pose no risk of enamel damage.